2023 has been another successful year for Redwood Grove Wealth Management (RGWM). As the new year begins, we’d like to extend our gratitude to our clients, family, and friends for their ongoing trust and support. We consider ourselves fortunate to engage in fulfilling work with clients who are a pleasure to work with. Wrapping up the year, we’re proud to serve approximately 60 client families, managing assets totaling $120 million. As we conclude this year and prepare for the next, we wanted to share a few updates about the firm.
1. Dan will become a junior partner of the firm in January 2024.
This transition is part of our long-term plan to provide stability for our clients far into the future. Furthermore, in recognition of his continued growth as a financial planner, he is being promoted to Financial Planner from Associate Financial Planner.
2. Our commitment to the environment and our community remains strong.
RGWM went through recertification as a B Corp in 2023 and remains a member of One Percent for the Planet, whose members are committed to donating 1% of their revenue to environmental non-profits. Some of the non-profits we supported this year include: Ocean Conservancy, Pachamama Alliance and Environmental Defense Fund.
3. We continue to strive to maintain high client service standards.
Over the past few years, we’ve slowly expanded our client base while maintaining high client service standards. Although RGWM is not in ‘growth’ mode, we have welcomed several new clients to our business. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve both new and longstanding clients. Moving forward, we aim to attract clients who value ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) investing and comprehensive financial planning. As a rule, we have deliberately chosen to keep our client base small by industry standards so we can continue to deliver high-touch, proactive client service. We don’t envision this standard changing.
4. In personal updates:
- Tanya remains active in her local community, volunteering at the local food bank, for her son’s Boy Scout troop and in the snack shack during football season. Her children are both thriving at their local public high school. Her son Brendan is a junior and plays starting defense on the Tam High varsity football team and skis and runs track in the off-season. His eagle project was to build a mindfulness labyrinth at the local methodist church. Her daughter Ashlyn is a sophomore and plays soccer for Tam High and runs track in the Spring. Her husband Eric now works for a virtual grid software company called CPower.
- Dan and his family continue to thrive in Petaluma, California. As his kids get a bit older, Dan is finding more time to enjoy his interests like cycling and starting the year off with a polar plunge into the Pacific. Caitlyn, Dan’s wife, is celebrating her eight-year anniversary working at Genentech in South San Francisco as a Program Director in Regulatory Affairs. Dan’s son, Owen, recently turned two and is attending a farm-based preschool with his older sister Adelyn, who will soon start Transitional Kindergarten (TK). Dan and his family spent time with family on the East Coast a couple of times this past year to Cape Cod, Florida and upstate New York.
- Jill continues to volunteer with ExtraFood, a community service organization that partners with businesses in Marin to provide food to people in need. She also volunteered with the girls’ volleyball program at Redwood High School for the Fall season, where her freshman daughter played on the JV team. Her older daughter started her first year of college at the University of Oregon, where she is a proud Duck. Jill celebrated her 20-year wedding anniversary with her husband, Tom, with a wonderful surprise trip to New York (where they saw Billy Joel perform at Madison Square Garden). The family also had the opportunity to travel throughout Croatia in the summer of 2023 for Tom’s sabbatical, which was a truly exceptional experience.
We look forward to continuing to serve our clients and striving to be a better business. We hope that each of the members of the RGWM community, clients, employees, and allied professionals, have a happy and joyful coming year.